Thursday, 1 September 2011

Model comeback


Are we seeing the resurgence of model covers as opposed to actress/ celebrity covers? 

Agyness Deyn covers October British Elle while Kate Moss was the star of American Vogue's September issue and Freja made the cover of September British Vogue.

I hope so. I feel like I know everything I could ever possibly want to know about Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie, Anne Hathaway and while I like seeing original images of them, the accompanying articles are always a bit of a re-tread of past interviews. I like the idea of models being allowed to show their personality again.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! Except maybe for kate moss. I think I know EVERYTHING I could know about her and she's well overdone. I know people worship her, but if i see one more spread of her in mcqueen clothes, shot by testino.. it's just such a yawn.. feels like when they're out of ideas they just go back to kate+mcqueen+testino combo and frankly, it's not new or groundbreaking, just plainly boring. But i was excited for Freja on the cover! (although it also seems to me that vogue use only 10 models for all of their shoots- I would prefer someone completely new!)..

    ReplyDelete