Thursday, 10 March 2011

I can't stop thinking about ...

It’s an occupational hazard of being a fashion writer that you will always want what you can’t have. The beautiful creations you see on the catwalk, the luxury goods you write about and obsess over afterwards, plus you always want next season’s things NOW.

I’ve been writing about Isabel Marant’s perfect pink jeans this week and have totally talked myself into them. I’ve already found a high street version of the cream cable knit jumper but the perfect jeans are illusive. They have to be the right pale sugary shade or they won’t work.

Isabel Marant s/s '11
And that got me thinking about other items that are on my ‘want’ list:

Stella McCartney a/w '11
Chanel s/s '11
Chanel a/w '11
I even dreamt that I’d found a vintage Chanel jacket like this the other night for a steal. I was sooo disappointed when I woke up I can’t tell you. And I curse myself for not snapping up a bright orange fabric Chanel 2.55 in a little vintage shop last summer when I was in Paris. Fail. (I couldn’t afford it but still I should have found a way ...)

Taylor Tomasi Hill

I’m going to Rome soon and I will be scouring the eternal city for vintage pieces. I’ve learned my lesson.

All catwalk images style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment