Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Happy New Year



Happy New Year lovely people. 

In between scoffing lots of delicious turkey and mince pies, I tried to keep up with the fashion industry. This was done mainly via the medium of twitter (follow me @emma_sibbles) and the occasional glance at the newspaper when I could wrestle it off my parents doing the crossword and Phoebe the basset who likes to just lie across it in order to get your attention. 

The shock fashion gossip over the holidays was the news that after 10 years at the helm of Paris Vogue Carine Roitfeld is skipping off in her Alaia heels to pastures new. Where will she go? Who will replace her? Will she join forces with Tom Ford?

The above picture was probably the highpoint of my career/ life: meeting Carine at the Paris shows a couple of years ago. 

It goes without saying that wherever she goes, she will be fabulous. Not only is she incredibly talented and soooooo stylish but she is genuinely one of the nicest, smiliest people in fashion, happily posing with me when I told her about my blog.

If you're into making resolutions (and I'm not sure I'm really that person) then it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more smiley and nice especially at a time of uncertainty and austerity. I'll probably have broken it with a sweary rant by the time I get into work tomorrow morning, but I'm going to try.....

1 comment:

  1. Rubbish NYR, you're already one of the nicest peeps I know. E x

    ReplyDelete