Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Weekend dreaming

After a late finish at work last night, today I feel like staying in bed and eating cakes, like Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette. A girl can dream.

Instead I'm planning my weekend (a quiet one in the country with a little trip to the spa) ...
If only I looked so elegant on my horse. Poor Storm would rather be stuffing her little barrel belly with grass than carting me around wearing a feathered head dress.

I might even give in to the fear and start a little light shopping for my fashion week wardrobe. It can't hurt to see what's out there. Can it?

After all, New York kicks off in four weeks and I am minus a coat, blouses, shoes, skinny belts ... (the fear is dreadful)
and with ASOS Tee-V taking centre stage we have to be camera ready (dear God).
I like to think I could look this chic when I check in. Maybe after a facial, a mani-pedi and a massage I will. The reality is oh-so-different.

Image of horse from Scout Holiday.
Still from Marie Antoinette directed by Sofia Coppola.

No comments:

Post a Comment